Thursday, October 20, 2016

People We Used to Know;

You remember that girl from high school that always used to be in your selfies & you guys were inseparable? Now, you guys just see each other on Instagram or Facebook but still tell each other that you miss & love them so much? Yeah, I have tons of those people too. Then you also have those people that you were so close with but then one day, they just stabbed you in the back and it was like your friendship with them didn't even exist. Yeah, I have plenty of those too.

I've had my fair share of people, but like I said in my previous post, PEOPLE COME & GO. Like hotcakes, seasons changes & people change. As sad as it is, it is the reality of our lives.

What I've noticed though is that people ALWAYS come back. ALWAYS. But my thing is? You've already seen their true colors the first time, would you really trust them enough to let them back in? I know I wouldn't... I mean yeah, there's the whole forgive & forget, but people need to learn that history repeats itself. So, yes - forgive, but do not ever forget, Do not forget the sleepless nights that you slept thinking about how worthless you felt because of whatever situation it was. Do not forget all the tears that fell from your beautiful face. I mean, yeah, like I said, people change, but how much can one person change? Shit happens to people & it molds them, but that doesn't mean they won't still have the same shitty attitude as before.

My biggest pet peeve about myself is that I always give someone the benefit of the doubt. I always want to look for the good in people, even though all they want to do is hurt me. As bad as it sounds, that's just how I am & that's probably how I will always will be. I hate it, I really do & I have definitely gotten better over the years, but there's always those people that trip me up & catch me slipping. But at this point in my life, I'm definitely just holding the door for people that want to walk out, like I'm not going to beg you to stay in my life. I was living a hell of a life before you & it will continue you after you.

As my mom always says - GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT

&&&&

TIME WILL HEAL ALL OF YOUR WOUNDS

Now, get out there & live, you beautiful badass :)

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34


- Iris Kotico

No comments:

Post a Comment