Saturday, September 24, 2016

Wanting to Workout?

Not really finding the right motivation?

I've always been a little into fitness, just because I did some sports in my younger years, but of course, you hit high school & the first year of college, then life smacks you in the face. And the struggle is real. FRESHMAN FIFTEEN IS A REAL THING, PEOPLE. IT'S SO REAL. Sadly, for me, it was way more than 15 pounds. What really hit me in the face was when I was actually shopping for an outfit for a friend's birthday dinner, but absolutely NOTHING to fitting the way I wanted. So, I thought "this is it, Iris. You have to get your shit together & we have to start working out again." So, let's get a couple things straight. Being motivated & getting motivated at 2 completely different things. But, lucky you; it's a very easy fix. Therefore, I'm gonna tell you some of the things that got me motivated.

So, here's 5 reasons to get motivated!

1). Your body will thank you in the long run;
            Your body will definitely love you for many reasons. The biggest one is that exercise releases some great endorphins that make you feel so much better all day. In addition, which is definitely the biggest reason as to why people start working out in the first place, is weight control. It's all about willpower, along with intake & outtake. 70% diet & 30% exercise.

2). The results you'll get will be so rewarding;
            Let me tell you, people are going to notice way before than you do and when YOU notice it for yourself, you're going to be obsessed. In my own personal experience, I lost 3 pant sizes in a matter of 2-3 months, I started to notice that my work slacks were just getting looser, everyday. But before then, people just kept asking me what I was doing different & how I was losing weight so quickly. All I could do was admire myself & just feel so proud.

3). "Athleisure" is a real thing people - I promise;
        Guys, I don't think I've ever loved workout pants & sports bras anymore than I do now. Also, I promise - BUYING NEW GYM CLOTHES WILL MOTIVATE YOU TO WORKOUT MORE. I know I know, I sound like I'm just trying to get you to spend your money, but hey, it worked for me. Let me tell you, Victoria Secret has a GREAT sports clothing line. Their sports bras are the most comfortable thing I've ever tried. Seriously, though. Buying new clothes or new shoes will get you excited to actually wear them. I think I buy new running shoes or new pants every 2 weeks. It's ridiculous, at this point, it's an addiction. 

4). CLEARER, SMOOTHER, OVERALL BETTER SKIN;
          I've always had some kind of self-loathe for the way my skin looked growing up, but as I got older, I learned that there was nothing that I could really do. I tried everything from face masks to cleansers. I was almost done trying because my face is so sensitive & I didn't want it to get worse, but what's worked for me is a better diet & drinking a hell of a lot more of water. I also have oily skin, but my face has improved immensely since I've been on this fitness journey. As cliche as it sounds, water will definitely help in a lot of ways; helps override hunger for a little is one of my favorites.

5). MORE SLEEEEEEP;
      Since working out, I've been on a better track throughout my days. Sleeping earlier, and sleeping a lot more than I used to. Coming from someone that used to have 2 full time jobs running on 2-3 hours of sleep almost every night, it's definitely been a improvement. Obviously, having 2 jobs was a willing decision, but it's just been helping a lot. Coming home from running 2 miles puts a toll on someone. Sleep is also a very critical thing to an adults life.

Overall, in my opinion, I think working out & eating a lot better has helped my life a lot. I feel a lot better, energy wise & mentally. Nothing but good things have come out of this journey. I just hope that this helps you a little in getting yourself motivated! My biggest advise in this whole thing is that, DO NOT THINK OF WORKING OUT OR GOING TO THE GYM AS A CHORE; think of it as an outlet. As somewhere to go & blow off stem after a long day, there's nothing that will boost your mood more. I promise!

Now, get out there & kick ass you fucking badass! :)

- Iris Kotico

No comments:

Post a Comment