Wednesday, January 4, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR;

Hey guys, I know it's already day 4/365 but I suck at posting. LOL :)

Anyhow, I just want to say that 2016 was probably the best year I've had since graduation year, which was 2013. If you know me at all, you would know that I was in a horrible relationship throughout the end of 2013 - the beginning of 2016. I'm not going to say that I regret it just because, I loved the guy & we had a really good thing going on while being together. Also, it was definitely a learning experience for me. During 2016, I definitely rediscovered myself & decided to take a lot of time for just me. I needed to get back to where I was when I knew I was truly happy.
What made me happy was always -
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Good food/drinks
  • Working out
So, I knew I had to get back to those things as soon as possible.

When we first broke it off, I made the decision to have 2 jobs, which probably wasn't the healthiest or smartest choice, but hey. Ya live & ya learn, right? So after about 6 months of doing that, I felt overworked so I left my serving job. But, in that time frame I really did figure out how happy I was without being with my ex. I really learned how to be alone & to be okay with being alone. (I also figured out how much alcohol I could drink before I was throwing my guts up ;D). LOL, also I did get closer to the girls at my primary job, which is good. They've definitely helped me through a lot & they've been very big impacts in my life - I don't think they realize that though. They've also been very big constants, which is really what I needed. I don't think I could have handled anymore change than I already was going through. 2016 brought me closer to the girls from middle school that I hadn't talked to in years because of this ex - I was finally able to have those "girls nights" dinners or go out celebrate someone's birthday. I also turned 21 so I can finally legally drink, so that helped a lot. Boys this year? Well, obviously they haven't turned out so good, but I was seeing people, some were a success, it just didn't work out or those guys were a mess therefore it didn't work out. Tinder nor OKCupid aren't very wise choices for me, I just have them because..... idk, why not?



Needless to say, 2016 was a year filled with laughter, my girls, drinks, travelling & so many different experiences. I can't wait to see what 2017 holds for me. I wish you all the best, I hope this year is even better for all of us. PRAYERS FOR OUR GPAs BECAUSE LAST SEMESTER CAUGHT US SLIPPIN. I know, because I was slippin real hard. LOL



But, no really. Prayers & love to all of you. Let's kick 2017 in the ass.

NOW GO OUT THERE YOU BEAUTIFUL BADASS & KICK SOME ASS TODAY & EVERY OTHER DAY :)

- Iris Kotico



No comments:

Post a Comment